Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Walk by the road side ....

It was a pleasant summer afternoon. The sun had been over its peak and was westward bound. I tossed abt in my hostel bed trying to formulate answers for the questions that boggles each one of us. As usual I gave up and looked outside through the window. The street below looked as if its straight out of a fairy tale or a poem. The waning sun had caused the trees , that lined the sides of the street, to cast shadow cutting across its breadth. I couldnt resist the temptation and decided to take a stroll so that I could be closer to this 'oasis'. As I set foot on the road the sweet n gentle breeze kissed my face. I soaked in the moment for a while. As I looked ahead I could see the street covered in dry leaves & flowers. The breeze occasionally sweep a bunch of these leaves only to be covered again by a fresh set. As I moved ahead, I found my mind travelling back to a very similar scane from the past. Ofcourse I was a child then. And the place was none other then my home town. Summer afternoon during those days were a time for gathering n gossip. A time to walk under the shade of the leafy branches of trees lining the pathway. A time to bite on 'jolpoi' smeared with salt. A time to chat innocently with cousins or just be silent. A time that we all so enjoyed. A time that will never come again. I was soon brought back to reality by the high decibel boisterous laughter. A group of guyz & gals were on there way back to the hostel. They were walking carelessly on the same road without waiting for a moment to absorb the eternal moment of that sunday afternoon. I cast a casual glance at them and went abt my stroll trying to make the most of tht blissful time which I knew would soon be over....... Ok this is a work of fiction. So what ?? As long as as it makes you wistful................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home