Friday, August 05, 2005

Silence & Conversation !!

The concept of silence is alien in a B-school settings. Every body wants to talk. Ones personality is judged by the amount of sound bytes that he/she can produce. Managers are expected to be gregarious. So why not start now, that seems to be the popular belief. So in every nook n corner of the campus u find guys & galz engazed in small (& big !!) talks. The old rule " Silence is Golden" has been relegated to trash. I always I wonder what they talk abt all the time. The same set of people who meet day in day out have so much to talk abt. Do they talk abt their mundane day to day happenings without bothering to find out if anybody is interested in them ?? Or do they simply indulge in gossip ?? Or do they talk abt the problems facing the world today ?? You know poverty, disease, terrorism, economic disparity, unipolarism, erosion of values, modern day imperialism, marital discord, illeteracy & ignorance, peace, increase dissonance in the minds of human etc. Or the philosphical aspects like the bigger purpose of life, destiny, why ppl do they things they do, time, infinity etc . Brainstorming and trying to throw an insight which has eluded human beings for ages. I do not have an iota of clue as to what the topic of conversation is. But the few of those 'addas' that I attended I found tht what essentially happened was tht each n every one indulging in self glorification trying hard to push their case and simply trying to impress. Impress ?? Whom ? Why ?? I dont know. I never could be part of such 'chat' groups. I always found my contribution to such 'chattering' minimal. I sometimes feel myself that the fifteen year child in 'The story of murder of dog in the night time' who talks only when required. May be I m insane n unfit to be accepted in this 'gregarious' world. May be I should just shut up !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home