Sunday, August 29, 2010

Howdy!

I am updating this blog after a gap of more than 2 years. For reasons unknown I have not been inclined to write all this time. Its not that I did not try. But everytime I dropped out in the middle of a post. Anywayz, let bygones be bygones. I have felt the urge to write after a long time. So will just let it roll today...

Lot of things have happened in the past couple of years, both on proffessional and personal front. When I last updated this blog I was with mChek. Today mChek is history. No not the company. I mean my association with it. It was not a voluntary exit. But in retrospect, I guess it wasn't so bad. My stint in mChek has put me on to the product management track and has helped me learn the early ropes of PM function. I got to work with some very talented people there and the experience has definitely enriched my proffessional repertoire. Post MBA, I have always wanted to work in a Product based company (I guess my stint at motorola had got something to do with it) and with mChek I got that kick-start in my post-MBA career. So mChek, with all its foibles, will always be dear to me. Another aspect to it has been my continous association with the world of mobile applications. Post MBA, I had made a conscious decision to join TechM (over other offers like CTS, WIPRO) for the same reason. Mobile as a channel to engage consumers has always fasicnated me. Its another story though that consumers do not find it engaging enuf to adopt it and bring moolah to many of these so called mobile app vendors. More on that later.

To summarize, the last 2 years of my life has been eventful in many respect and has set the path for my future. Lets see how things unfold from here. Hope to keep the developments posted going forward.

1 Comments:

Blogger Harsha said...

Keep writing buddy.. i liked ur "Mobile as a channel to engage consumers has always fasicnated me. Its another story though that consumers do not find it engaging enuf to adopt it and bring moolah to many of these so called mobile app vendors. More on that later." :-)

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home